An exclusive piece of Victoria’s motoring history
Our Heritage plates are an original replica of Victoria’s first number plates issued in the 1930s. Finished with a lustrous black vitreous enamel, each plate is handcrafted using the same time-honoured techniques from the 20th century. Their distinctive look and rarity make them an iconic part of our motoring history.
Six-digit Heritage plates
With combinations available from 100.000 to 285.000, our limited-edition six-digit Heritage plates are available to purchase online.
Heritage plate auctions
Three, four and five-digit combinations are available through public auction.
Held throughout the year, each auction presents a small batch of Heritage plates for bidding.
The next auction will be held online:
- Tuesday 16 February – Tuesday 23 February 2021
- Tuesday 6 April – Tuesday 13 April 2021
Note: Auction dates are subject to change. For the most up to date information, please visit our auction partner’s website.
Good to know:
- Each character is manually embossed into a heavy gauge steel plate, etched and coated with rich black and white vitreous enamel. The plate is then oven-baked to create a high gloss and durable finish.
- Because Heritage plates are handcrafted, each plate differs slightly, contributing to its unique nature.
- Heritage plates are presented in a crafted wooden box, along with a Certificate of Authenticity.
- Victoria’s first number plates were issued between 1932 and 1939, with combinations ranging from 1 – 285.000.